- Rinse a 1-quart bowl with hot water and dry and set it on the counter with a towel wrapped tightly around the base to keep it stable.
- Add the egg yolk and whisk it vigorously back and forth until thick and sticky, then stir in mustard, honey, a pinch of salt, and the lemon juice.
- Whisk in the olive oil by droplets until the egg and oil have begun to thicken, then whisk in the Flax Oil in a thin, steady stream.
- Season to taste with additional salt and a little lemon juice.
- To thin,whisk in lemon juice by drops or 1 to 2 tablespoons boiling water as needed.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- (makes approx 1 cup)