Eggs Benedict Like You’ve Never Had It!
The Omega Nutrition way!
We adapted this already healthier recipe from the Paleo Cupboard. Still delicious, adding Omega Nutrition oils makes this breakfast delight top notch!
- - 6 eggs, poached
- - 6 slices canadian bacon or ham
- - ¼ cup + 2 Tbsp. almond flour
- - ⅛ cup coconut flour
- - ½ tsp. arrowroot powder
- - ¼ tsp. salt
- - ¾ Tbsp. coconut oil
- - 3 egg whites
- HOLLANDAISE SAUCE
- - 3 eggs yolks
- - 1 Tbsp. 1 lemon juice
- - ½ tsp. sea salt
- - ⅛ tsp. paprika
- - Dash pepper
- - ½ cup melted ghee or 4 Tbsp. melted coconut oil
- TO MAKE THE BISCUITS:
- Preheat your oven to 400F. Line a baking sheet with a baking sheet liner or parchment paper.
- Mix the almond flour, coconut flour, arrowroot powder and salt together in a medium mixing bowl. Cut in the oil and mix with a fork until the dough is crumbly. Place in the fridge
- Meanwhile, whisk the egg whites in s mall bowl until very frothy. After 10 minutes, take the dough mixture out of the fridge and fold in the egg whites until well combined.
- Take about ¼ cup of the dough mixture and place on lined baking sheet, patting the dough gently to form a thick, flat circle (shaped like a biscuit!). You should have 6 biscuits total.
- Bake for 18 minutes or until they are a light golden brown on top. While they are baking, heat up your canadian bacon or ham in a small skillet, whip up a batch of hollandaise and start cooking your eggs.
- TO MAKE THE HOLLANDAISE:
- Place the egg yolks, lemon juice, sea salt, paprika and pepper in a blender and mix for about 10 seconds.
- Set the blender on medium speed and slowly pour in the ghee or coconut oil. It should thicken very quickly.
- Place a place the bacon on top of a biscuit and add the egg.
- Poor Hollandaise sauce, enjoy!